Day Three– 1/13/2016
Happy 29th Birthday to me!
- breakfast: shakeology (red) and mixed frozen fruit blended (purple). Here’s a tip for these shakes that I have found incredibly useful: If you are like me and blend in frozen fruit, portion out the frozen fruit into baggies and add a scoop of shakeology. It’s a timesaver in the mornings.
- midmorning snack: blackberries (purple) and sunflower seeds (Oange)
- lunch: cottage cheese (red), fajita chicken (red), roasted broccoli and mushrooms (green) and a cupcake (yellow replaced)
- Mid afternoon snack: 12 almonds (blue), 10 baby carrots (green), cherry tomatoes and snow peas (green)
- late afternoon snack: noohing–I wasn’t really hungry. I made it through Dollar Tree and HEB without buying snack foods. I also didn’t order anything at Sonic besides my ice water and lemon #thatscontrol
- dinner: salmon (it was a big piece so two reds-my first overage..whoops) and romaine lettuce (2 greens). And a piece of cornbread (yellow…maybe even two). I treated myself to a Cotton Patch Salmon Cesear Salad with the dressing on the side. It was delicious. And I totally had to-go cornbread..sans butter.
- after dinner snack to satisfy sweet tooth: more cake
Reflection: I noticed that I had way fewer temptations today. I partially give credit to the fact that I knew what I was going to order from Cotton Patch and that I was going to eat a cupcake and a slice of cake today. I don’t see this as falling off the wagon. I see this as life…and my birthday. After all, I won’t have another one for 365 days.
I must get better at this! I am struggling so hard… Suggestions?
Today’s workout was Lower Fix. When I saw that this was the workout I cringed. My legs have been so sore since Day One’s Total Body Fix. I almost didn’t want to continue with the workout, but I knew if I pushed through it’d get better. And it didn’t. But I will say there was improvement this time because I didn’t cry and my legs didn’t shake like Monday. I did holler at Autumn a couple of times but I made it. I’m also proud that I made the time to do this workout after being at work and church literally all day. And it was my birthday. Three down… Eighteen to go.
I’m 1/7 or 3/21 of the way done. (How’d you like those fractions?)
Check back tomorrow for day 4 recap!